Sunday, January 1, 2012

What a Glorious New Year!

I woke up this morning to the sound of Sandhill Cranes flying over my house and glorious sunshine pouring into the windows.  The holiday season is officially over and I have only netted 2 pounds of extra weight.  The house is not so messy as to feel out of control and my eldest son provided the family with a deer worth of venison for the year.


I feel like this is going to be a really good year. We have a solid plan for improving the property and for becoming more independent from the worst aspects of society while becoming more reliant on our surrounding community.  Let freedom ring!

I do have one sad note to relay.  The father of a dear friend of mine passed away this week.  Jon Walters was a great man and a wonderful father, he will be sorely missed, even by people like me who rarely saw him.  Take heart dear Summer.  We are here for you.  You've Got a Friend

No comments: