Thursday, June 7, 2012

Work Just Gets In My Way

Don't get me wrong, I love my job.  Who wouldn't?  I walk around in a cave on nasty hot days, talk to cool people, and only officially work three days a week!  It's great . . . really!  The only problem is that when I am at work, my mind goes blank.  Not really blank, I suppose, but blank in the sense that all of the space is taken up with the technical aspects of giving good cave tours.  Timing, factual AND interesting information, attention to folks who perhaps should not be trying to walk two to four miles in the first place; this is what fills up my tiny brain cavity. Hence I am barely keeping this blog alive.

So, with all of this in mind, why oh why am I starting a NEW blog? 

I'm doing it because when I am working, I am not thinking in any cohesive way about gardening, permaculture, sustainable living and all of the other great stuff that I like to write about here.  But!!!  I am still cooking unusual and delicious food, all from scratch with wholesome, mostly vegetarian ingredients.  Hence my new creation  Excepschanel Gastronomy.  Come visit me there too!

Now in home news, the garden is coming along wonderfully!  The mulch is doing its job of keeping the planting beds free of weeds while we are at work, and we ate our first full sized tomato last night!  The cabbage family bed is largely looking like it needs to be cut down at this point.  Harlequin bugs are wreaking havoc there.  The marigolds and zinnias are absolutely amazing!  Here's some eye candy for y'all!




Squash and cucumber plants stretching out

Sugar beet tops 3.5 inches across

A bit better than knee high by the 4th of July!



Now come to Excepschanel Gastronomy and see what was for supper last night!

No comments: