Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Story of Two Men

A young man approached an old man in a field while the old man was planting a peach seed.  The young man asked, "Old man, why are you planting such a fresh tree?"

The old man responded, "I have always lived every day of my life as if I will never die."
"That's so strange," replied the young man,"for I have always lived my life as if I will die tomorrow.  I wonder which of us is right!"



I'm really interested in some response on this one.  and by the way, I did not come up with this on my own.  It came from the film "The Lie" which, by the way, is a fabulous film.  Not quite a comedy the way Netflix billed it (except in the classical sense) but has such an interesting twist in the end.  Watch it if you can.

1 comment:

Without Shadow said...

I think they're both right. You have to do a little bit of both to live fully.