Monday, November 5, 2012

Remember, Remember the 5th of November

Happy Anniversary to me!  Or maybe I should say Happy Birthday.  Exactly one year ago today I was re-born into a post Facebook life!  "So what?"  you might ask, but considering how much of my life was being frittered away on that website, I personally think it's a pretty big deal. A number of my old friends there were pretty sure I'd be back in a few weeks, but truth be told, I never even missed it.  I am willing to acknowledge that there a few folks out there who are able to use it responsibly, I'm just not one of them.  So, I set myself free.

What difference has it made in my life?
I'm not as angry at other people for what they think, I'm not filling my head up with masses of details from lives of people I'm not really interacting with, and perhaps most importantly I'm not living vicariously through the lives of other people.  Have I stopped wasting time?  Not really, chronically lazy people can always find ways to fritter away the hours.  But I believe I waste a little less time, and I interact more with the people who really are part of my life.

Today is also special because it is once again the end of the fall season at the great Mammoth Cave.  It's time to put my lovely power ranger hat to bed for the winter.


I hope she stays warm and cozy!
Peace y'all!

P.S.  Hope you had a lovely Guy Fawkes' Day

No comments: